1. the act of restoring something or someone to a satisfactory state
2. getting something back again;"upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing"
3. the state of being restored to its former good condition;"the inn was a renovation of a Colonial house"
4. some artifact that has been restored or reconstructed;"the restoration looked exactly like the original"
5. a model that represents the landscape of a former geological age or that represents and extinct animal etc.